Peak Oil News: Electric Motorscooter

Monday, February 28, 2005

Electric Motorscooter

(This arrived in my email today. It looks exactly like what I have been wishing for.)

Hello…

I was wondering if you could help get the word out about a revolutionary new EV that will be released in 2006. It cruises at over 60mph and goes up to 70 miles on a single charge—34¢ would be the national average electricity cost.  Of course, no noise or emissions.

The website is www.vectrixusa.com, and here’s an insider image of the bike’s new design. I’ve ridden the VXe and it’s amazing.  

 

I’m contacting you because the company considers the US (big SUV’s, big Harleys, etc.) to be a low-priority market relative to Europe, and they might not allocate many bikes here if they don’t know there’s interest.  In any case, availability will be limited.  They are taking free, no-obligation reservations right now and a strong turnout could make a difference.

Do you think you can help?

-M

PS: I am not a Vectrix employee


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home